Your privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how J2 Consulting handles personal information. Please read this Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Statement was last updated on 11 May, 2018.
Who we are
Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
Our site address is www.j2consulting.co.uk
Our company name is J2 Consulting Limited
Our registered address is Avon House, 435 Stratford Road, Solihull B90 4AA.
J2 Consulting is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person.
We collect, use and store personal information when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
The types of personal information we collect
We may collect personal information from you, for example, if you register for an event, request information, subscribe to our updates, purchase our Services, or request customer support. We may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We do not share your personal data with third parties.
How we use personal information
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you
- Carry out our contracts with you
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you.
If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails at any time in the future.
How we store and process personal information
We take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this Privacy Statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located. Weuse appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information.We will not transfer your collected data for storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service.
- Marketing preferences: You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us.
Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.