What is iWatch?
iWatch is used worldwide to help improve performance of large-scale databases. Unlike traditional monitoring systems, iWatch captures a complete record of every SQL request in real-time – crucially without using polling or other intrusive methods that might interfere with performance and add overhead to critical applications. It deploys easily, operates 24×7, and scales to handle such no-excuses installations as financial trading systems.
- Improve business responsiveness – rapid resolution of problems
- Zero performance impact on database
- Improve DBA productivity by quickly identifying & isolating performance issues, and helping spot usage patterns, profile workloads and identify tuning candidates
- Reduce operational costs due to decreased system downtime:
- Receive notification when performance is degrading and not after the system has crashed
- Reduce capital costs: no need to blindly throw hardware at performance issues (instead, fix the SQL)
Single interface monitors across heterogeneous RDBMSes
- A single iWatch Server can monitor multiple database instances
- Simple deployment
- Complementary to existing system/network monitoring tools (e.g., BMC, Tivoli, HP, CA)